Monday, March 29, 2010

Roses

Some roses that have enjoyed the shade in my garden are Betty Boop (a bi-color orange, pink, red with ivory/white Floribunda), Grand Prize (mine is a tree rose with ivory blooms, also grown as a tea rose), Playboy (Orange and white floribunda), & Hot Cocoa (cinnamon color Floribunda). Now that the neighbor's plum tree has been cut down I find that they also enjoy the sun & at times produce different color variations. You can also type in Pacific Northwest shade loving roses or something like that in your web browser and check out some of the local rose society websites like Tacomas, Seattles and Olympias and most likely find listings and pictures sometimes. I liked your God's Garden poem and will be sending it to a friend and to my mom as they're both gardeners.

1 comment:

  1. I have a Betty Boop rose too, which I like because of the different colorations. Another multicolored rose I like to watch bloom is Joseph's Coat--beautiful climber full of blooms but very thorny. The favorite rose in my garden right now is the Queen Elizabeth--an old rose but very tall and stately and covered with pink blooms much of the summer. I do like the Hot Cocoa, maybe I'll try it..

    ReplyDelete