Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring?

hyacinths my mom planted many years ago

perennial poppies

tulips, of course
So, one day sunny, next cold and rainy - will a garden succeed with this? Here are some pix from the sunny days and some progress with veggies. The veggie garden is this far only because my good friend Sheila came over two days to help get the weeds out of the fenced-in garden so that strawberry plants could be rescued, beet seeds could be planted, pea starts could be moved in to their proper place and some totally buried shallot starts could be divided and replanted - yay Sheila!!! Thank you so-o much!
strawberry plants. In the barrels, I planted lettuce seeds, herbs (dill, parsley, basil), and spinach. Can't wait for them so we can eat them!

beet seeds planted in the back box, shallot starts in the foreground. Peas are in a box to the right of the beet seeded box - thought I had a picture but couldn't find it - they are about 2" tall. Better get some strings going

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! So glad to hear your out in your garden, with Shelia's help of course! Now if Mr. Sun will just cooperate and shine on us things will start to happen. Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pretty good for a gimp! Good friends make great gardens, and thank God for Sheila! Wish I could help you, but I'm just never around even for my own garden. One of these days though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Marie and Alexa - gimp is a good word, I feel exactly like that! and yes, Mr. Sun please come and stay a while - we need you!!!

    ReplyDelete